Monday, December 9, 2013

16 days til Christmas

I am guilty of neglecting my Blog...I didn't post anything in November.  Shame on me! 
Is it really December already?  As I am typing, the snow is falling and everything outside looks frozen.  I have never been this organized on December 9th before.  I have 98% of my Christmas shopping done.  I knew I needed to mail gifts to Oregon and that's what made me start so early.  I love ordering on-line and avoiding the crowds at the stores.  Thanks to Steph who gave me their wish list, it made it so easy.  My son also gave me a list of things the grand kids wanted way before Thanksgiving, so I got that out of the way.  He also did shopping for me for my daughter-in-law and himself....which made it very easy.  I just needed to write the check. 
I never thought I would break a tradition, but I put my tree up before Thanksgiving.  I quite liked doing it that way because it freed up my time the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I may do this again next year.  I never get tired of looking at my tree.  I decorated with all my special ornaments and saved the Disney ornaments for the grand kids to hang after Thanksgiving dinner. 
So, I am not feeling overwhelmed, in a rush to finish up and that's a great feeling this time of year. 
I am looking forward to doing fun things before Christmas.  My daughter-in-law invited me to a Christmas Play this Sunday afternoon called Junie B. Jones.  It will be a girls day out.  Her mom, sister, niece, her sisters mother-in-law and my grand-daughter, Abby will all be going.  We will do dinner before.  It will be a special time.  I am also looking forward to an Ugly Sweater Party before Christmas at my cousin's house.  Lots of fun things aheadNo stress!

3 comments:

E said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Bacardi Mama said...

You make me very jealous, my friend. Would you like to come put my tree up or maybe finish my shopping? What are the chances that we could possibly get together over the holiday? I would love to see you. Let's try, okay?

Mimi's Toes said...

I would LOVE getting together Nancy! Let's see if we can make it happen!